Monday, June 14, 2004

Wah, My Base Station Is Sick

My poor widdle graphite Apple Base Station is sick, very sick. It is extremely annoying to have to wait until it shakes off the fit it seems to get about every 15 seconds to get my internet access back. I'm thinking about getting an Airport Express as a replacement, if it can work as an 802.11g base station (I find their specs a little confusing, sometimes it looks like it can act independently of any other access points, other times they imply you need another access point).


Listening to: Anvil Of Crom from the album Conan The Barbarian Soundtrack by BASIL POLEDOURIS

2 Comments:

Blogger Aki said...

Umm.. I know you're an Apple fanatic and all. But do you HAVE to stick to Apple wi-fi gear? Why not try other wi-fi routers/access points?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I was actually thinking of getting a linksys. But then the AE came out and it looks kinda cool. It's in about the same ballpark as the what linksys, d-link, etc offer, but it is portable and has an audio out jack. So, I could (in theory) make some tunes, come over to your place and stream the tunes directly into your stereo. Plus it serves (I think) as an access point. Neat lookin little toy.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home