Monday, May 22, 2006

C-c-c-crazy Weekend

<yawn>I feel like I just got off Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Friday: Leave work at 5 to catch the A's/Giants game in Oakland. Immediately spend 2+ hours in traffic. Rain delay, whew! Start evening off with a double shot of whisky. Yay! The glowing warmth of JD's warming glow. A's win and Barry is denied the tie of Babe Ruth's home run record. Not in my house!

Saturday: Drag my ass out of bed eventually and oh so reluctantly to go to Palo Alto, where Mike and Kris are kind enough to go shopping with me at the Apple Store. Where I got a new MacBook Pro. Had chicken pho at Zao and gelato afterwards. Yum! Went home and started setting up machine. Stopped to go link up with the crew at Esther's place, where we drove in to SF to see The Crystal Method. Started with a few cocktails at the hotel where we stayed before sojourning out. Drank more there and proceeded to dance for five frickin hours. Ruby Skye is a beautiful venue. TCM did not disappoint. Do they ever? We felt really good in there, but we were staggering (not the buzzed kind) out of there after the show, looking for some juice and pizza, which we found happily enough. Crashed, very, very late.

Sunday: Got up far too early to go to the celebration of the bizarre, offensive, and random that is Bay to Breakers. I don't know what I was expecting, but my brain was not prepared for it by any stretch of the imagination. I saw the herd of Elvises and the Katamari Damascy, among many other strange and wondrous things. I was supposed to actually run in it, but being somewhat hung over and exhausted (among other reasons) made that a nonstarter. Well, and waking up an hour after it started, too. Esther, Noelle, Wendy, and I wandered about the party, I mean race, into the afternoon. Wandered some more looking for a cab so we could go over to North Beach to the Stinking Rose, which was a first for me. Garlic in everything! My coworkers are so going to love the fact that I have an office this week. :-)

Anyway, a fantastic weekend, but I am a bit tired now. And I am trying to fight The Fear, since I have a five day trip to Moab, UT planned and I have a few things to take care of here and there before <gulp> Thursday. Oy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home