Sunday, March 12, 2006

Three Amazing Things

Yesterday I saw three amazing things:

1. Slush in the median strip of Highway 1 in Monterey. Either from hail or snow, I'm not sure. But I did do a triple take as I was driving by and probably scared the shit out of the other drivers on the road.

2. An otter playing in the surf:


(click for larger image)

3. Some otherwise reasonable friends of mine throwing themselves out of a perfectly good plane:


(click for larger image)

I am pleased (but not really surprised) to report that Noelle and company successfully survived her birthday present at the Seaside Skidiving School. Afterwards there was excellent Mexican food and margaritas! All in all, a very enjoyable (if exhausting) afternoon.

Origin of the otter picture: I went down to the Monterey peninsula to do some early morning photography on the coast at O' Dark Early and found a great spot in Carmel Highlands and another one at Garrapata Beach. The surf was pretty high and the roar of the waves crashing was awesome! I saw this little guy frolicking around in the tide. He/She was so much fun to watch! Some more pix (click for larger versions) from the coast. More to come, when I have a chance. It really was a spectacular morning there (rain and snow aside).






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home