Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Horror, The Horror

Saw the movie Ultraviolet last night. I expected it to be bad, but this was off the scale bad, the likes of which I haven't seen since Vannnnnnnnnnnnnn Helsing. The dialog is really dreadful. The story line is nearly incomprehensible. They really cheaped out on the effects budget. They had computerized car chase scenes that looked like cheesy 80s video games. The only redeeming feature (well, Besides Milla) was some of the sci-fi elements were interesting (like printable, disposable cell phones). Overall, this has moved into my top three worst movies evar (With Van Helsing and Portrait of a Lady) although in fairness, I did get a number of really great laughs out of it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Dave Chappelle's Block Party. You won't be disappointed, especially if you like Mos Def, Dead Prez, Fugees, or hip-hop in general. Even if you don't like hip-hop, this movie shows an entirely different side than what you normally see. Besides, I'm sick of most of the over-produced crap that is in the theaters these days, but this movie is both under-produced and very entertaining. Keep it real.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, Chappelle's movie is on my list. I'm not really into hip hop, but I love Chappelle's material.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howcum I've got a suspicion that caleb r is 'not real', but an industry plant? Searching the internets now....

12:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fred, is that you? :-D

Caleb R is a real enough person, though he went by another name when I met him.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it REAL! Bee-ATCH!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Now, as I am sure Dave would tell you, sometimes keeping it real can go wrong.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home