Wednesday, January 04, 2006

RIP Fred

Fred the cat, age unknown (maybe 20??), has passed away. Heart disease and a kidney infection conspired to lay Fred low and end a long and presumably happy life sneaking into people's houses, killing and dismembering rodents and birds (of which he would bring pieces home in tribute), head butting, generally living the life of a cat of the world. Fred survived a motorcycle accident on Frenchman's Island in Old Town in 1994, after which he was confined indoors. A large and gregarious cat, Fred was beloved of all humans who met him, with the possible exception of the people into whose homes he stole to beg for food. Fred was also polydactyl and would have no doubt spawned a race of meowing, tool making cats had he been allowed to procreate. Fred is survived by Kitten (who probably is glad he's gone) and Heidi and all the other humans that had the pleasure of his company. He will be sorely missed.

Fred enjoying some Dr. Pussums and head butting my knee:






Ok, I'm going to go be sad now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Victoria Hyde said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, man. It's appreciated.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE! My feline namesake!
I only met Fred once but he left an impression. Primary because so few cats are named Fred I guess, and also because I recall him headbutting my shin a few times.
I hereby light incense and offer a toast in his memory.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to help him have a good life for all these years. Hope you find comfort in that after his passing.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home