Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Weekend Fun


(click for larger image)

I had a pretty good (if not terribly productive) weekend. I got a new "normal" lens for my camera Friday morning and spent a fair amount of the weekend testing it out to see how I like it. The results so far seem positive:





(click for larger images)

The above shots were some that I took in Berkeley while visiting with Rick, who was nice enough to have lunch with me and ramble around Telegraph and environs.

I have more shots, which I took of the CoreTech Band at beer bash on Friday, here:



(click to jump to album)

Saturday night I went to DaveR's party where I was treated to food, drink, and Halloween ambience par excellence. Maybe had a leetle too much food and drink because I felt really queasy the next day. Oh well, the price one pays I suppose. Anyway, a great, if tiring weekend overall. Didn't I get a spare hour somewhere???

Oh, and I learned something cool. If you accidentally shoot in high ISO (like you crank the ISO up to 1600 to get some low light shots one day and forget to reset it) you can still get nice looking pictures if you desaturate the image completely (i.e. change to black and white). It looks grainy still, but it's like big silver nitride black and white photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home