Sunday, June 05, 2005

Curse You, PacBell!

So I've been having this weird problem with my internet since last Thursday. If I let my computer sleep and then try to access the internet, no go. I eventually figured out that I could connect to the access router and it told me I was disconnected from my ISP. If I try to reconnect it, it eventually wakes up and voila, I can see the internet again. This is, however, a bit of a pain. This morning, after digging around a bit on google, I found out on this site that Pacbell now requires users to login with their full e-mail address, not just their user name. Thanks a lot for letting me know guys. :-p Well, I'll see how well it works anyway. On the plus side, the DSLReports site seems like a good resource for connectivity issues.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noelle said...

it happens to me too on a cable modem, almost every time... I usually have to re-boot to get my connection back :-(

12:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Seems better now. Changing the router to use the full e-mail address seems to have fixed the problem. Have you tried logging in to the router and forcibly reconnecting instead of rebooting? That might be a little less painful.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home