Tuesday, April 13, 2010

News of the Times

Haven't blogged much lately on blogger. I've been caught up with the twitter experience (I'm TheChrisPaduan on Twitter). Have a bunch of things that have happened since the last post, but I'll cut to the most recent event. Last Thursday I was admitted to the ER with what turned out to be pancreatitus, which an inflammation of the pancreas caused by (in my case) gall stones or shards of gall stones obstructing the pancreas' entrance into the bile duct (shared by the liver, gall bladder, and pancreas, which empties into the intestine). My gall bladder is filled with gall stones and the best way to prevent a further outbreak of pancreatitus is to remove the gall bladder. All well and good, but they don't want to to do that until the pancreatitus setttles down. Unfortunately, the pancreatic lipase count (which correlates with the infection) has been going the wrong way. So, my surgery was scheduled for Monday, then Wednesday and has currently been pushed back to Thursday. If all goes well, I can leave Friday. I finally got to eat food today, which was nice. I've been on a IV since Thursday with no food during that time (I only got glucose added to the IV on Monday). Things move very slowly in the hospital and I can't wait to get out. My friends have been a great comfort, visiting me frequently. Noelle is holding together as well as can be expected. She wants me home badly as well. Anyway, slowly getting better, hope to be home RSN.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

twitter is for colostomy patients, not you. get with FB and get with it man.

happy wedding anniv.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home