Monday, October 29, 2007

Shakin All Over

So I've lived here over eight years now and I've never noticed an earthquake before. Well, they had one last night that I noticed. I was on the tail end of my 14 hour day when I started to hear a tromping noise. I thought someone was jumping up and down in the hallway (I've heard stranger things at work.). Then everything started swaying. I became a bit nervous (although somewhat exhilarated) because I realized it was an earthquake and I was a bit worried about being twelve stories up. Woudl the building fall down? Would I be buried alive under the rubble and have to drink my own urine to survive? I stood under the doorframe and it passed quickly after that. I had the shakes for a while afterwards, though. Turns out there was a 5.6 about nine miles from where I work. [more info]

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

Man, it was bad enough on the ground.

5:30 PM  
Blogger cindabin said...

Ditto on having the shakes afterwards, but dude, drink your own urine? My excitement/fear didn't take me down -that- road... :) Got a kick out of reading it, though.

And wow, big coincidence--the verification word I have to type to post this comment is "szmic." How fitting.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, about midway through it I was wondering if it had peaked or if it was going to get stronger. Which made me wonder if the building were going to collapse if it did get stronger. And if I would survive the 100+ foot drop with many tons of glass, steel, and concrete above me? And if I did survive, how long would it take for rescuers to find me? Which led to the urine supposition. It's all very logical you see. :-)

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home