Friday, October 13, 2006

Musical Goodness

So, last Friday I went to see Paul Simon with Wendy and Noelle at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. It was a great show under the stars (well, I'm sure they were up there somewhere, through the clouds). I've never seen Simon live, so this was pretty cool. Plus it was the first time Noelle (and I think Wendy) had been to the Greek, so that was also cool.

Tuesday night a bunch of us made our way to Shoreline to see Roger Waters do Dark Side of the Moon. Waters and his band were a very reasonable Pink Floyd facsimile. He started the evening out with "In the Flesh" which was pretty appropriate since I'd been humming that since before we got through the gate. :-) He followed with "Mother" and much to my excitement, "Set the Controls to the Heart of the Sun", which was really rockin'. He did a few songs from Wish You Were Here and the Final Cut and a couple songs from his solo albums, before bringing out the Inflatable Pig for "Sheep", with which he closed out the first set. The second set was Dark Side of the Moon from start to finish. I haven't been moved by that album in that way in quite a while. The sound was truly phenomenal! For the encore he brought out the big hits from The Wall. His band was really good, especially his primary Dave Gilmour replacement, a guy named Dave Kilminster. This was an awesome show that I would recommend to anyone who likes Pink Floyd and has an opportunity to see.

Last night a bunch of us turned out at JJ's, where Aki's new band, The Turnaround Blues Band played a couple of hot sets (actually, I think they played a third set after we left because the main act hadn't arrived yet). I took some pictures of him. Hopefully I will have some up shortly.

Tonight is Porcupine Tree in the City! Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home