Friday, December 02, 2005

Es Regnete

So I get out of the gym tonight and I'm feeling peckish. No. Hungry. But there wasn't anything decent at work. What to do? After a short bit of pondering I settle on hamburger. Yeah, that's the ticket. There's a burger joint just down the street. I grab my fleece even though I am still warmed up from the workout. However after a bit of banter and gossip with a couple coworkers, I get there right after it's closed. There's a light mist. No big deal. There's another one just a short walk away.

So I go past the pizza joint. And the sandwich shop. And the Indian restaurant. And another sandwich shop. I really wanted a burger at this point.

So I finally get at the not closed burger joint and order my Cisco Kid (1/4 pounder with chili), small onion rings, and vanilla malt. I play some pinball. I read what the hot Christmas gifts the Japanese are giving. Finally my order is up and I jet outside.

Where it is raining. Really raining. I stick close to the buildings (where it's slightly drier) but it's not much use. There's nothing like watching the sheets of rain drifting lazily past the street lights to make you wish you had a raincoat. Or an umbrella. Needless to say, I was quite damp by the time I got back to work. There's probably a moral to this story. Let's say: Keep an umbrella handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home