Monday, August 01, 2005

Riding the Tiger

What a groovy weekend. I really should take Fridays off more often. I took the day off to avoid the traffic nightmare that was brewing downtown. Friday I had lunch with Noelle, got my hair cut, and ran some errands around town. Wound up the day by going for a hike at Rancho San Antonio. I don't don't know if the sudden burst of exercise gave me an endorphin rush or what, but I left the park feeling really great (Vertigo came on the iPod, so I think that helped.). If one had seen me, I would have been the wacko racing down the hill with the radio blaring, waving his arm out the window and dancing in his seat while he was driving. This was followed by similar jubilant celebration on the drive home on highway 85. Then I spent some time at home poring over guitar tabs trying to figure out how the Edge plays Vertigo. Saturday I got up late and eventually hooked up with Noelle and Carl and Derek to go get greek food at Vasili's. Yummmmmm. The evening was rounded out with a viewing of March of the Penguins downtown. Remind me to never complain about my life. Great film, but those bastards live a really tough existence. Penguin chicks are super cute.

Woke up late Sunday and zoomed up to Oakland where David and Nancy were hosting a skybox party. Good to see them (and some of the other folks there) again. And the A's handily thrashed the hapless Tigers, so that was good, too. :-) Zoomed back down to SJ for our semi-annual D&D game. Good times!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

>>Penguin chicks are super cute.

Whoa... what's up with the cross-species attraction?

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jon Reid said...

Chris has mentioned furries before...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I did not write: Penguin chicks are hot. or Penguin chicks make me horny. or I want to have hot sex with penguin chicks. What the hell is the matter with you people?

They're just fuzzy bunny cute. Sheesh.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home