Saturday, January 22, 2005

Eternal Sunshine

And I need
your loving...
like the sunshine.

Just finished watching that movie again. I had a conversation with someone a while back where I stated that there is such a thing as a beautiful sadness. That's kind of what this movie is to me. I love how the idea that people could love one another to return to each other even after knowing the warts and wrinkles of their partner. Wow. I guess I am a Romantic. Sssh. Don't tell anyone. And I love Kate Winslet in this movie. Actually, I love Kate Winslet in pretty much every movie she's in (and not just because she flashes her boobs all the time), but in this movie in particular, her portrayal of Clementine gave me an almost visceral sense of longing. Jim Carrey's acting is also quite remarkable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home