Saturday, July 03, 2004

A Ghost Walked Over My Grave

I've been meaning to blog about this, but have been too tired or busy to do so until now. I went up to SF on Thursday to go to WWDC for for a day. I took one of the new "baby bullet" trains, less than an hour to the City and I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic, what a deal. So anyway, I'm in one of the passenger cars, really tired because I barely got any sleep the previous night (see previous blog) and people are boarding (don't remember which station) and this woman passes by who looks like a friend of mine. Similar dress, same smile I remember, body looks the same. I do a triple take though, because, you see, my friend Susan has been dead two and half years now. It was the creepiest feeling. And then I started wondering if she were really dead. I never saw her die. The funeral service I went to was after her burial back in New England, so I didn't see her there either. But that doesn't make much sense. Why would someone fake their own death and put so many people (there church I went to for the funeral service was packed) through so much pain? Is she in witness relocation? Or more likely my tired brain was just playing tricks on me. Anyway, I've had her on my mind a lot lately.

Wherever you are Sue, we miss you and haven't forgotten about you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon Reid said...

Wow. Weird.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

It was a shock to hear about her death when I came back to visit Adobe long after it had happened. It didn't seem real to me, either. I didn't know about the website - thanks for posting a link to it.

Rick

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home